Our Littleton location is looking for motivated and sales driven Lead Budtenders to join the team! Future team members will possess strong communication skills and a commitment to provide a top notch customer experience for our patients. Customer Service professionals and experienced Budtenders are encouraged to apply.
Assist Manager in all managerial duties and responsibilities. This is a training position, and the Lead
Budtender should be able to perform tasks to advance, including supervise the daily operations of company
Medical Marijuana Center (MMC) and/or Retail Marijuana Store (RMS) including but not limited to the
following duties: knowledge of and compliance with laws, ordering, MED paperwork, sales, cash handling
processes, inventory management, customer service, regulatory compliance, patient communication, patient
education, and patient information management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Manager and serve as secondary point of contact in stores.
• Assist Manager in achieving short-term and long-term business, marketing, and sales goals/objectives.
• Provide support and serve as witness to Manager’s duty to reward and reprimand team members.
• Assist Manager with support for MED reporting, paperwork, and METRC recording.
• Assist with assuring daily compliance with MMC and/or RMS policies, including but not limited to the
following: state/local regulation compliance, security protocols, access protocols, dress code, and work
• Assist with orders for procurement of saleable MMC and/or RMS supplies.
• Comply with company cash handling policies and perform verification for Manager’s daily cash
management responsibilities as outlined in the company’s policy; ensure cash is accurately counted and
• Maintain a culture of high-quality customer service, patient communication, and customer service
• Execute customer service and quality surveys as assigned by management.
• Train all employees on policies, process, procedures, and roles.
• Help team assist patients with understanding “care-giving” benefits and add patients as necessary
• Help team educate patients on medical marijuana medicinal properties and selection of proper genetics
according to the patient’s desired effect or per specific medical ailment (MMC Only).
• Help team educate customers on proper dosage and selection of edibles pursuant to the customer’s
• Attend and participate at weekly manager meetings and engage in ongoing education and professional development, as well as monthly team meetings.
• Contribute to team environment and company advancement in agreement with the strategic direction set by management.
• Daily correspondence via email and manager’s log, with the Retail General Manager, Manager, and Retail Staff as needed.
• Comply with all HR policies, including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
• Assist Team Members with purchases.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Secure and organize all patient files.
• Be responsible for facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including proper upkeep of phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock, and supplies.
• Attendance of posted, scheduled hours is required at the store locations; however, additional availability outside of that schedule is also required (e.g. meetings, deliveries).
• Physical duties may be required including but not limited to the following: lifting and moving boxes, inventory, and/or equipment.
• Assist supervising all MMC and/or RMS operations and procedures during hours of operation if the Manager is not present.
• Oversee Opening/Closing Procedures on as needed basis.
• Assist Manager to ensure that all operations of the store run smoothly.
• Assist Manager to ensure team members are trained, on track and doing their job correctly.
• Hold employees accountable for adhering to company’s processes, procedures, and roles.
• Regular attendance is expected and is considered an essential function; as it is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must already possess or be able to qualify to receive a Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED)
support badge and 21 years of age or older.
• Colorado residency, no felony convictions, and must successfully pass an extensive background check.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Working knowledge of medical and/or retail marijuana.
• Knowledge of local and state laws and regulations pertaining to medical and/or retail marijuana.
• Reporting and Information Management: must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with
process management, team problem solving, inventory control, and medical and/or retail marijuana
policy and law.
• Strong problem solving, communication, and organizational skills; anticipatory thinking and ability to
forecast; calculating, multi-tasking, attention to details, conflict resolution, teamwork, and
professionalism, accountability, and proactive active behavior.
• Success and advancement in this position will require positive and cooperative attitude, professional
behavior, and self-motivation.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum 1 year of MMC and/or RMS budtender experience.
• Experience working in retail required.
• Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper
• management of center.
• Ability to perform the following physical tasks: sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, performing repetitive motions, and carrying boxes.
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 lbs.